About Mike Dressler
My Client-First Philosophy
There are many qualities and skills that go into being an excellent real estate professional - integrity, in-depth community and market knowledge, marketing savvy, effective negotiation skills and a high-quality professional network, all of which are hallmarks of how I work.
That said, in my experience as a Sioux Falls real estate professional, I've also found that providing the very best service is essentially about putting my clients first. This means keeping myself accessible, being a good listener as well as a good communicator, and responding quickly to your needs.
This "client first" philosophy has always been my approach and it requires me to continually improve my skills and ways of doing business. In addition, I've found that the latest technologies are enabling me to do everything I've always done, only much more quickly and efficiently. They've also helped me to extend the range of services I provide to my clients.
|I was born in Wagner, SD to Dr and Mrs Eugene Dressler. At age 14 he embarked on his first job at Robbies GW grocery store bagging groceries and stocking shelves. Throughout high school he also helped his dad with his veterinary practice and they enjoyed to hunt and fish together. Participating in sports kept him busy as well. He graduated from Wagner Community High School in 1982 and headed west to Black Hills State University. While attending BHSU he worked at the student cafeteria and the "Hive" in the student union and at the Franklin Hotel in Deadwood as a night auditor. In December 1986 he graduated from BHSU with a BS in Business Administration.
His business career started at JC Penneys in the Men's Wardrobe and Suit Department in April 1987. In the fall of 1988 he enrolled with the South Dakota Air National Guard as a traditional guardsman. During his enlistment, his accomplishments include an associate's degree from Air University in Munitions Systems Specialist. He served in the conflict "Just Cause" in Panama, South America.
His career in real estate began in the fall of 1988 and became full time in May 1989. In 1990 he purchased his first investment property. Mike enjoys his job as a realtor. His accomplishments in life and real estate so far include:
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame 2006 (less than 5% of all Re/Max agents receive this award)
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement 2018
- RE/MAX 100% Club since 1999
- Selling Real Estate full-time since 1988, 30years experience, nearly 1500 transactions
- Strong sense of New Construction; Personally built over 30 Spec Homes and 9 Four-plex Townhomes
- 2016-2018 State Board of Director/ Realtor Association of the Sioux Empire
- 2015-2017 Board of Directors Zion Lutheran Church
- 2015 Realtor for Kids Ex-Officio
- 2014 Realtor for Kids President
- 2013 Realtor for Kids Vice President
- 2011-2013 Realtor for Kids Director
- President of Dressler Properties L.L.C... Affordable Residential Townhome Rental Corporation L.L.C.
- ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative)
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
- GRI (Graduated of Realtor Institute)
- 2000-2015 Mike Ferry School of Real Estate (Top Trainer of Real Estate in the Nation)
- Floyd Wickman School of Real Estate (Sweathog's program)
- Spend thousands of dollars annually for education to sell more real estate and client care
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Black Hills State University in Spearfish, SD 1986
- Associate Degree from Air University, 1994
- Past President of PRESA (Professional Real Estate Salesperson Association) 1994
- Served on many RASE committees (Realtor Association of the Sioux Empire)
- Served 8 years in the South Dakota Air National Guard, Joe Foss Field, Sioux Falls, SD
- Served in the conflict "Just Cause" in Panama and received an Expeditionary Metal
- Airman of the Quarter (South Dakota Air National Guard), 1994
- Current member of Zion Lutheran Church
- Member of Ducks Unlimited
In January 2008 Mike's biggest accomplishment was marrying Laura Rowedder in Wall Lake, Iowa. In 2012 we adopted our son Matthew and in 2015 we adopted his half bother Elijah. We are blessed!! We currently reside on an acreage southeast of Sioux Falls. In our spare time they enjoy traveling, spending time in the Black Hills, and fishing at our families cabin on the lake called "Lake of the Woods, Ont. Canada". Additional hobbies are hunting, fishing, and four-wheeling.
So when you decide that you'd like to buy or sell a home in the Sioux Falls, Brandon, Harrisburg, Tea, Hartford, Dell Rapids and all other communities surrounding Sioux Falls areas, please contact me.